Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Reflections of a cutie-pie

Hey, Daddy!

Sorry I haven't written much this month; Mama and I have been really busy. I just want you to know that, even when I don't write, I still think of you all the time. Everyone always tells me that I look exactly like you, though my fairy godparents just said that I'm finally starting to resemble Mama, too. My eyes are definitely not staying blue, but it's hard to tell if I'm going to be Daddy's brown-eyed girl or have Mama's hazel eyes. My hair is coming in very, very, very slowly, and it looks like it will be dark brown like both of yours. Hey, speaking of what I look like, there is another baby who looks exactly like me, can you believe it?! And her mommy looks exactly like Mama. They live in our bathroom, which I find rather odd. It seems awfully cramped in there. You know what, though, they seem to be in every bathroom that we go in. I think they're following us. They seem nice enough, always smiling and waving, but they seem kinda' cold, with really flat personalities. Anyway, I don't want to reflect on them anymore. I forgot what I was talking about in the first place.....

Oh yeah, Mama and I have been really busy. She's working at Auntie B's, and now she's fixing up the old condo, too. She's really bummed about selling it. She told me what it used to look like, and how much work she's done to make it look like it does now. But I've heard her talking to people, and I think I understand why you have to sell it. I've been such a good girl when we're over there. Mama plays with me for a bit, and then I hang out in the pack n' play with my toys. I've been taking good naps there, and Mama gets to work for almost two hours at a time. Our friends have offered to watch me, but then Mama would have to drive back and forth, and make up bottles, and it's almost more effort than keeping me with her. So we make it work for us (kinda like everything else, huh?)

I'm really excited to see you on Saturday!! Mama said we can hang out in the morning and afternoon while you work. I know you'll be busy, and we won't get to play too much, but it will be great just being there with you. I'll be sure to bring my ear muffs for when it gets loud. I bet the rest of the crew will think they're pretty cute! I'm still trying to decide what to wear. It's my first concert, after all, even if I can't stay for the whole thing. I don't really have any outfits that say “baby rocker.” I'm sure Mama will come up with something. Maybe we'll go to the consignment store this weekend. They have some cool, funky stuff.

Auntie B. is taking me special shopping tomorrow morning for our trip to Vegas. I heard her leave a voice-mail for her personal shopper; “She's six months but wears size 3. She looks great in every color, but we'll skip black, and we need something shiny or sparkly, something “Vegas.” And a matching headband.” This is some fancy shopping, Daddy! I don't think they have personal shoppers at Target. Mama just rolled her eyes and said, “Baby, I AM your personal shopper!” Good point, Mama. And my chauffeur, too. And my personal chef.

Alright, Daddy, I'm gonna' go. I have to catch up on my cutie sleep. I can't have that shiny girl in the bathroom looking better than me. Safe travels on your way down here, and we'll see you on Saturday!

Love, Piper

P.S. – I'm sorry for eavesdropping, but, well, I was sitting right there when you and Mama were on iChat today. I didn't understand everything that you were talking about, but I know that Mama was in a much better mood after the conversation than she was before. Thank you for being such a good daddy to me and Mama. She would never admit it, so don't tell her I told you, but she really does need your support and help. She loves you lots, and I do, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment