Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A little Holiday

Dear Daddy,

Okay, I know you want to hear about my visit with the family, but first I have to tell you about the crazy thing that happened last Thursday......

You know the bouncy seat that I have, the one that Mama puts me in when she's folding laundry or taking a shower? Well, I'm still so little that my bum scoots down really low, and I can't really do much more than lay there. So Mama folded up a blanket, and put that in there underneath me. Now, I'm higher up and I can see better. A lot better. There's that bar that hangs over me, right across my waist; Daddy, you'll never believe this, but there's toys hanging from that thing! Who knew?! I'm still working on making my arms and legs go where I want them to, so these days I just practice my randomly-placed karate chops and kung fu kicks. I gave that little hanging monkey the ol' one-two, and it made noise! I've never been so surprised in my whole life (all 110 days of it.) I was so startled that I opened my eyes really wide and just froze. It was the strangest thing ever. And then this morning, I accidentally pulled the lion's tail, and it played music! Weirdest darned lion I've ever seen. Do you think they have those at the zoo?

Anyway, Mama and I drove up to see the family last weekend, and we had a really fun time. My cousin H. seemed happy to see me. She didn't come right out and say it, but when she drooled and jumped up and down, I took that as a good sign. I think she got a little jealous when Aunt E. held me, but I understand. I don't think I'd like it if Mama cuddled with another baby, either. Grandma was really happy to see us both together. She took lots of pictures. Mama said she forgot to take pictures because she was busy holding me and teaching H. to give me gentle pats and not poke my eyes out. Grandma P. once said that you can't really poke an eye out, you can only poke it in further. If anyone can prove that theory wrong, it'll be H, but I'd rather she not test it on me.

We mostly just hung out at home, eating and sleeping and watching each other. We didn't go to the soccer game because H. had to go to bed, and I forgot to pack my ear muffs. I'll remind Mama to grab them next time. Mama, grandma, and Auntie E. watched it on the television. I heard them cheer when our team scored two goals, but I didn't really wake up. Uncle B. was very happy when he got home from work. He was in such a good mood the next day, he even agreed to hold me! I know he likes me, even if he doesn't cuddle with me like Aunt E. I think they're both pretty awesome.

Okay, Mama says it's time to wrap this up. I think that's a good idea, because we're both getting pretty tired. She likes the fact that I sleep so long at night, now. I guess I like it, too. I mean, it's better than waking up at 2 AM. Either way, Mama's right there when I get up, and she always has breakfast ready for me. She's the best!

Safe travels on your super-long bus ride, Daddy, and I love you! I'll tell Mama to post pictures tomorrow of our visit.

Love, Piper

P.S – If I pull on Lola's tail, will she play a song? I know that I'm a few months away from being able to intentionally grab it, but I figure I should think about these things in advance. I'd like to be ready for these upcoming milestones.

P.P.S. – Mama and I just had a conversation about tail-pulling. Forget that I asked.

No comments:

Post a Comment